Experience the Grand Canyon in a way that most visitors could only dream of - from the bottom! This guided smooth water rafting excursion floats you down 15.5 miles of the Colorado River through Glen Canyon, as well as around the elusive Horseshoe Bend. Your adventure begins early in the day with a luxury motorcoach pick-up from your Grand Canyon National Park hotel. Enjoy a 3.5-hour journey through the scenic Mojave desert before reaching Page, Arizona - the starting point of your Grand Canyon adventure.
You'll board a motorized raft designed to comfortably sit 22 passengers and enjoy a delicious box lunch as you float between the ancient canyon walls. Rest with one leg over the side of raft and enjoy the spray of the Colorado River. Midway through the trip, your raft will pull off along the river bank for a special treat. Passengers will disembark for a short hike to the site of several petroglyphs left by ancient canyon inhabitants. Your guide will interpret these petroglyphs for you and provide information about the early humans that roamed the canyon floor.
Your adventure will reach an end at the historic Lee's Ferry, where your motorcoach transport will be waiting. Your return trip to the South Rim will feature sights of the Navajo Nation as well as a stop at the Cameron Trading Post. After a daylong outdoor excursion, you'll return to your Grand Canyon National Park hotel and your sightseeing vacation will continue.
Highlights & Important Information
- Sights of the Grand Canyon National Park and the Navajo Indian Reservation
- 15.5-mile raft trip down the Colorado River
- Short hike to ancient petroglyphs
- Picnic box lunch
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
- Tour Duration
- Approximately 12.5 hours
- Check in at our Grand Canyon Airlines terminal or approved hotel 30 minutes prior to motorcoach departure.
- Motorcoach to Page, AZ
- Enjoy eastern views of the Grand Canyon National Park and Navajo Nation en route to Page, Arizona.(approximately 3 hours)
- River Float Check-In
- Arrive at Colorado River Discovery to check in for your rafting tour and meet your tour guide.
- River Trip
- Board your motorized raft for a 15.5-mile float trip along the Colorado River and take in the natural aquatic beauty of the region.
- A box lunch will be provided to enjoy during your rafting trip.
- Petroglyph Viewing
- A 30-minute stop will be made to view ancient petroglyphs on the canyon walls. Brief bathroom stop will also be provided.
- Disembark River & Return
- Your rafting tour will end at the historic Lee's Ferry, where your ground transportation awaits. Return trip to the Grand Canyon National Park hotel includes sights of Navajo Nation and a brief stop at Cameron Trading Post (drive time is approximately 3.5 hours).