Experience Glen Canyon in a way most visitors can only imagine - from the bottom! This guided smooth water rafting excursion floats you up 15.5 miles of the Colorado River through Glen Canyon as well as around the elusive Horseshoe Bend. Your adventure begins early in the day with ground transportation awaiting you at your Grand Canyon National Park hotel. Enjoy a 3.5-hour journey through striking Painted Desert scenery through the Navajo reservation lands before reaching Page, Arizona - the starting point of your Glen Canyon adventure! You'll even have sights of the canyon's Eastern Rim along the way.
At the base of Glen Canyon Dam, you'll board a motorized raft designed to comfortably seat 32 passengers then your journey between the ancient canyon walls will set off! Each passenger will receive a light box lunch to enjoy at any point during the float. Midway through the trip, your raft will make a brief stop along the river bank. Passengers will disembark the raft for a short hike to the site of petroglyphs left behind by ancient canyon inhabitants. Your river guide can interpret and explain these petroglyphs and offer more information about the early humans that roamed the canyon floor thousands of years ago. The highlight of your excursion will surely be drifting around the circular twist in the Colorado River known around the world as Horseshoe Bend.
Your rafting tour will reach its end at the historic Lee's Ferry, where your ground transport will be waiting to transfer you back to the Grand Canyon area. Your return trip will feature sights of the Navajo Nation as well as a stop at the notable Cameron Trading Post. You'll return to your Grand Canyon National Park hotel for more excitement after this thrilling daylong adventure.
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Highlights & Important information
- Sights of the Eastern part of the Grand Canyon National Park, the Navajo Indian Reservation, Painted Desert, Glen Canyon, and Horseshoe Bend
- 15.5-mile raft trip down the Colorado River
- Short hike to see ancient petroglyphs
- Box lunch
- Bring your I.D. - All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended during the colder months: March, April and October. Light colored clothing should be worn during the months: May through September. We also recommend bringing a hat, sunglasses, and a towel.
- Wear shoes most fitting for the season. The recommended shoe types are sneakers, waters shoes, or flip-flops. The ground at Glen Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven.
- Tour Duration
- Approximately 12.5 hours
- Check in at our Grand Canyon Airlines terminal or approved hotel 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Ground Transfers to Page, AZ
- Enjoy eastern views of the Grand Canyon National Park, Navajo lands, and Painted Desert en route to Page, Arizona.(approximately 3 hours)
- River Float Check-In
- Arrive at Wilderness River Adventures to check in for your rafting tour and meet your river guide.
- River Trip
- Board your motorized raft for a 15.5-mile float trip along the Colorado River. Learn about Glen Canyon and its habitat as your guide shares details of your surroundings.
- A box lunch will be provided to enjoy during your rafting trip.
- Petroglyph Viewing
- A 30-minute stop will be made to view ancient petroglyphs on the canyon walls. Brief bathroom stop will also be provided.
- Horseshoe Bend
- Continue on your float trip and see amazing views of Horseshoe Bend as your raft follows the curve of the river.
- Disembark River & Return
- Your rafting tour will end at the historic Lee's Ferry, where your ground transportation awaits. Return trip to the Grand Canyon National Park area includes sights of the Navajo Nation and a brief stop at the historic Cameron Trading Post (drive time is approximately 3.5 hours).